
Ok, I am in desperate need of a good book to read. I'm on my 4 time reading through the Twilight series and need something else. I don't really care for mysteries. Other then that, I'm open to anything good. Any suggestions? Please help! I'll suggest a book to all of you. It is my most favorite book ever. It is called Peace Like a River by Leif Enger. It is awesome. Read it, I'm sure you'll love it!


10 comments:
Oh I'm really into Shannon Hale's books right now. I read Princess Academy first because it's the book club book and I was at a loss of what to read. It was so cute and totally different then you expect. Then I read Austenland, and now Book of a Thousand Days. They are all quick reads and the library has them all. She just has a cute way of writing that is fun to read.
The two that I have read recently that I loved were The princess academy (just like nickim family) Such a cute book. And also "The witch at blackbird pond" It is also a young adult book, and also really cute :)
I've enjoyed:
Princess Academy, The Warrior Heir, The Wizard Heir, The Uglies series, Horns and Wrinkles, I didn't place in the talent race but..., The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, yeah, that's all I can think of at the moment. Aren't books wonderful!
I am reading "If life were easy, it wouldn't be hard" I am not really into those kinds of books but sheri Dew can really keep your attention! We are also passing around The Uglies series at my work and I just got the first book. Everyone has seemed to like them.
How could I forget!! Have you read "Hunger Games". Very good. I think I actually enjoyed it more than Twilight.
Ditto about Hunger Games - I totally loved it! The Uglies series is really good too, if you haven't already read it.
Congratulations, Parker is a cute little man! Glad everything went well for you.
I just read "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio" by Terry Ryan. Its a biography of how her mother raised 10 kids by winning contests of the 1950s & 60s. It was really entertaining and I read it in two days. I have "Peace like a River" on hold at the library. They didn't have any in when we went the other day. Let me know if you actually check this book out.
Fablehaven series is great!! It is fun to see your family. Beautiful!!
Here are a few (by the way we loved getting your birth announcement...congrats on the baby...I can't believe Ava is so big!)
Recently read "The Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale--charming
"Crossing to Safety" by Wallace Stegner--on my top list of favorites
"Left to Tell" by Immaculee Ilibagiza--amazing story
Good luck with everything....being a mom is hard work!
Post a Comment