Sunday, December 29, 2013

One And Only

I'm not sure where the post is coming from or where it is going.  But, I've been thinking about love lately.  I know the Prophet's have said there is no such thing as a 'one and only' person until you are married.  Then your spouse becomes your one and only.  But, I tend to wonder if, for some people, there is in fact a one and only. 

Now, I dated and had lots of friends that I spent time with growing up. I had crushes and guys I thought were 'hot'.  All of which were fun, and very dramatic for a teenage heart.  But for me, and I don't know if this happens to everyone, I think my young heart started to love my 'future' spouse long before I met him.  Then, once I met him, it all clicked into place.  That love was there.  But once Daniel came into my life, that love had a direction.  And I knew.  Daniel will tell you it took him a little while longer to know.  But, I knew as soon as I met him.

Once I met him, that was it.  Everything just clicked.  I knew I'd marry him.  There were several years that had to come and go before it would happen, but I knew.  Now, lots of people will say things could have not worked out.  Say, I could have met someone while he was on his mission and fallen in love and gotten married.  But, I knew I wouldn't.  I had opportunity to date other people, but nothing felt right.  I had a goal to kiss at least one other person while he was gone on his mission, but I just couldn't.  I couldn't find anyone I loved more then him.  So I didn't.  I think, and maybe you'll disagree, but he was/is my one and only.  He was as soon as I met him.  I don't think it would be right with anyone else.  I don't think I could be happy or would have been happy with anyone else.  So when Daniel asked me to marry him, there was no question to what my answer would be.  I didn't even have to think about it.

This post isn't meant to be sappy or anything.  I've just been thinking about love lately.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

That's cute. And sweet.

leighmichellec said...

love it! Thanks for sharing