Holy craziness! Daniel and I bought a house!! We are SUPER excited!

We're really excited to make this house our own. We've been super busy finishing the basement and painting everything. Originally, we were going to make 1 bedroom in the basement with an utility/craft room. Now, after getting inside we realized how small the master bedroom is, so we decided to make the basement the master suite. Ava will get the upstairs master bedroom.
It has been great having my sister in law Melissa, live so close. She spent an entire day painting my cupboards with me and I LOVE how they turned out. I have a bizarre love for knobs and spent a while trying to find just the right ones. My other sister in law Christina, helped me tone down my craziness in the knob department.
We are so blessed to have such talented family members who live close by. Last Saturday, a ton of family came over to help us finish the basement and paint. A lot of progress was made in the basement and the women hammered out the paint. Christina is the paint whisperer. She made it possible to do all the painting without tape.
I love how the aqua turned out in the kitchen. And the grey looks great in the living room.
We had a few minor hiccups along the way. Like how I thought an orange wall would be ok in the living room. Ha! It was so bright. Like blind your eyes, mac and cheese bright. It had to go.
So, very soon afterward, I painted it this yellow. I love it much more.
So on we go. Hopefully we'll get the basement finished tomorrow, so a guy can come mud and the carpet guy can come the next Saturday.
Remodeling is a serious pain. I do not love it. It's so much work. Thanks to all of our great family that has come to help!










No comments:
Post a Comment