Thursday, October 8, 2015

Family Campout

I don't particularly love camping.  I feel like I'm too old for it.  My back doesn't like sleeping on the ground.  I am also partial to indoor plumbing and running water etc.
So in an effort to not deprive my kids of this experience, we had a family camp out in the backyard.
When I say we, I mean Daniel, camped out with them in the backyard.  

We pulled out the sleeping bags, the pillows and flashlights.  Dad set up the tent, and we all piled in.  It happened to be July 24th too, so there were fireworks to watch too.  

 The kids were so excited.  It was crazy.  We read some Harry Potter, ate some snacks, watched the fireworks and played some spoons.

 Overall, it was a great evening.  We had so much fun.  Especially me, when I left Daniel outside with the littles and went to sleep in my very comfy bed with indoor plumbing close by.

No comments: