Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Remodel

Remodeling is a pain.  I kind of hate it.  But in this instance, it was 100% worth it.
Our house had this awful, old laminate on the main floor and on both sets of stairs, and through the upstairs hall.  On every step it had this trim that was awful and would hurt your feet.  We hated it.
So we decided it had to go.  We ripped all the laminate up.  And we ripped all the carpet in the upstairs rooms up.  It was a lot of work just doing that.  
Luckily we had lots of cute helpers.  He kept saying, "I helping Mom, I helping!"

 When the carpet was all in, it was super exciting.  The boys are saying, "New Carpet!"


Then it was time for the new flooring to go in on the main level.  We initially wanted hard wood, but after talking to the flooring guys at RC Willey, we decided to go with a high quality laminate.  With dogs and kids, hard wood would be destroyed really fast.  Also, the laminate now is much higher quality then it used to be.  It's a lot thicker now and holds up really well.
 So we picked this kind of greyish flooring and I LOVE it!!  It looks so good!



So now we've replaced all the flooring in this house.  Next year we'll be on to counter tops.

No comments: