Monday, November 8, 2010

About Colson

Here are a few things about Colson.

1. He's super cute, as you all know;-)

2. Colson loves his Dad. If he had the equipment to feed him, he would prefer Daniel all the time. He'll be really fussy and I won't be able to make him happy, then I give him to Daniel and he calms right down.

3. He is a super gassy baby. We live on Mylicon.

4. He just started to smile at people. He smiled at Parker the first time. I got a smile today, which was really exciting.

5. He has a gummy smile like Ava did. It's really cute.

6. Colson likes to sit up and see what's going on. He doesn't really care for laying on his back unless he's tired.

7. Colson has been holding his head up for a good period of time since we brought him home. The doctor even commented about his muscle tone at his 10 day appointment.

8. He never really spits up. Maybe a couple times a week or so, but that's usually just a dribble out the side of his mouth. It's nice, I haven't gone through as many outfits and burp clothes as I usually do.

9. He doesn't scratch his face like my other kids did. He is scratch free.

10. He has finally started sleeping for at least 3 hours at a time at night. Daniel and I are still recovering from the 2 hour feedings, but are starting to feel more rested now.

We can't imagine life without our little 'Colson boy' as Ava calls him. Every time we bring out him, Ava says 'oh mom, is he cute?' Like he might have become un-cute over night or something. Then when she sees him she says, 'oh, he is cute!' Like she's relieved that he didn't turn ugly or something. It's cute!

7 comments:

The Asay's said...

OH I love that Ava is so excited her brother is cute. I love it. What a cute family you have Erin.

Rachael said...

He is so sweet. I love that Ava loves him so much. That's hilarious she worries he won't be cute. :)

leighmichellec said...

That picture is great! I am glad that he is sleeping for you a bit more now...Ava is adorable, it is just precious the things that they think about and say!

Anonymous said...

He is truly adorable Erin.

wagstaffers said...

You dont have to work very hard to make sure he stays cute, but it is a good thing that Ava stays ready.

Jillyn said...

Iris is very very gassy too. I discovered she cannot tolerate it if i eat dairy. She also cannot tolerate cabbage and broccoli (kinda figured) and if i eat too many eggs or beans. Something that has helped a LOT (on top of cutting those out of my diet) is rubbing some peppermint extract (that has been diluted with olive oil!!) on her tummy and the bottoms of her feet.

If she's gassy and i do that she normally calms down within 5-10 minutes, it's amazing!

But maybe consider things you are eating? Milk is a really common one, Soy can be too...

Marie said...

You have such a cute family and little Colson is so adorable! I don't think that will be changing anytime soon...but it's good you have Ava to warn you if it does! ;)