Thursday, May 19, 2011

Coupon Queen

My sister in law Christina was the previous coupon queen of Utah until she relocated to Washington. She had a storage room that I was totally envious of. I dreamed of having a house just so I could have a storage room like hers. It was amazing.

Since she is so conveniently living across the road from me now, I asked her to share her wisdom with me. She got me started and organized. I have my little book with baseball card holder sheets, all labeled and ready to go.


In my first week of couponing, I have saved a fortune. I know some people are against couponing because of that show called Extreme Couponing with the people who bought more than they can possibly consume because it was a good deal or free, or are morbidly obese because all they buy is the junk food on good deals. I want to reassure you all that I am neither of those. I clip the coupons for items we use. That's all.I bought 3 tubes of toothpaste, 4 bottles of shampoo, 2 bottles of body wash, 1 tube of lotion, 4 magic eraser twinpacks, and 5 flushable pull-ups wipes for $13.00!!!!!!
I got this receipt back and was so excited to see what it said. $22.00 in coupon savings and $10.68 in Wellness Savings at Rite Aid. I have to say that I am so proud of myself. I just had to post about it. Yay for saving money!!



6 comments:

Pieces of me... said...

Now that IS impressive! :)

Derrick and Melissa said...

That is awesome! Rite-Aid is one of my favorites!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I love it. I still need to get better at the couponing, but I love seeing those types of savings too!!

Anonymous said...

Will you teach me??? I want to learn.... I miss you Erin.

Courtney said...

I need you to teach me how to do this! I am in desprate need for savings! Can we get together soon! I could babysit your kids for an exchange of services!

Kelli Dixon said...

Love it!!