Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kamiak Butte

The kids had hand, foot and mouth disease for the last week. It totally sucked. We've been stuck indoors for the most beautiful days of the year and missed 2 days of Sports camp. We're finally better, no one is complaining of sore throats and no fever. It was a very long week, VERY long. So to celebrate we decided to go on a picnic to Kamiak Butte with our cousins.
The weather was PERFECT!! 77 degrees with sunny, blue skies. I loved it. We made a little picnic and set out.
Olivia gave climbing up the play set a try, but decided it wasn't for her in the end. I think it was a little too high and steep for her.
Andrew was all about it though. He loved the slide.
It was a small miracle to get all 8 of them sitting still and looking somewhat in the cameras direction.
Colson followed Andrews lead and climbed right up there and went down the slide too. He is quite the adventurer.
Ian and his forever cute chubby cheeks.
Colson eating his lunch. I was surprised at how much all the kids ate. They ate everything! I wish I could get them to eat like that at home. It was so nice today. We loved it. We ate, the kids played, we enjoyed nature and the sunshine. We love having our cousins live so close. It's been so fun to be nearby for all those special events, its been even nicer to be close enough to do the every-day things together too.

4 comments:

The Asay's said...

It's the worst to be sick in the summer time. Cute pictures. Sounds like a blast.

Kate Clayton said...

I'm glad you guys are feeling better. Being sick and stuck indoors is the pits! We miss you guys!

wagstaffers said...

I'm glad you were able to get out. Looks like everyone had fun.

Pieces of me... said...

You have NO idea how many people I have heard within the last week that have had that illness! Almost everyone, it's totally going around. I'm glad you guys got through it and are now enjoying life again :)