Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Whitney
My little niece Whitney is getting baptized this month. She and her mom asked me if I'd be willing to make her a baptism dress. And seeing how I love to sew, I agreed. Here's how it turned out. My favorite things about the dress are the sleeves. I LOVE how they turned out. We added a band of the solid material to the sheer overlay too and I really like how it turned out. And we added a little petti-skirt to give it a little volume.
My mother in law made her blessing dress when she was a baby and had saved the left over flower from it. So she sent it up to me and we found some that looked just like it but sheer and sewed all those to it also.
Doesn't she look beautiful?! I can't believe she's old enough to get baptized. She was blessed on my wedding day and it just seems unreal that it has been that long. Yay Whit!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What a pretty dress, Erin! I love it. Whitney's all grown up. We have a new neighbor that's an 8 year old girl and Noah loves her. We say she's the new Whitney. :)
oooh! you just tell me when and where and I'll totally come see you!!!
Post a Comment