Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ava's 1st Day of School!

I can't believe Ava is old enough for kindergarten. Where has the time gone? I was a little sad to see her go, but I know she's going to love it.
You like how when she grows up she wants to be a real princess? Not a fake one, it has to be real.;-) This was taken on the Welcome to "K" Day. It was their 1st time going to class, but parents went with them. It was a shorter day, just to help ease them into it. Ava doesn't need easing, she was ready to go without me. On the way there she says to me: "Mom, are ALL the Mom's staying today?" Me:"yes Ava, all the Mom's are staying." Ava:"are you sure?" Me:"Yes Ava, I'm sure." She totally didn't want me to stay!! Knife to the heart Ava!!!
This was her 1st day riding the "yellow" bus, as she calls it. The Head Start bus is white. Ava and her cousin Caitlin go to the same school, but are not in the same class. They're excited just to ride the bus together.
Parker doesn't start preschool until next week and is having a little bit of a rough adjustment to Ava being gone. He is pretty upset each day that Ava is getting on the bus without him. He keeps saying he doesn't want to go to Ava's old school (head start), he wants to go to school with Ava. It's kinda sweet actually, but a little bit hard to deal with in the morning.
There she goes, all grown up and off to school. She already loves it and can't wait to go to school everyday. Ava has always loved school and learning new things. None of her preschool friends are in her school this year, but I'm not worried. Ava makes friends so fast its crazy. I just can't believe she's so grown up.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

So grown up! And I can't believe how long her hair is!

Marie said...

Ava looks so grown up in that first picture!! I will cry when Caitlin goes to kindergarten...