Sunday, December 30, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012!!

This year was lots of fun! We spent the holiday with Nana, Pop and Aunt Sarah's family. When Nana and Pop arrived we all had pizza together and made a little craft. We made these reindeer hats. You can't really tell, but the antlers are tracings of their hands. It was a hit. Can you believe we got all these kids on the couch and looking at the camera? Crazy!
For as long as I can remember, my family has had the tradition of having fondu for Christmas Eve dinner. It's quite the ordeal really. Lots of prep, lots of fondu pots with boiling broth to cook your meat in. But, it's totally worth it. It's so much fun, and so delicious. The kids love it. Being able to manage their own pokers and meat makes them feel more grown up I think.
Colson, needed help obviously, but it worked out because he wasn't too interested in the meat. He ate the rolls and acini pepi.
Here we are, all getting our fondu on! Daniel says, they should call it fun-du! I got a good laugh out of it. He's a funny guy.
Here's Miss Olivia eating her delicious food. The kielbasa was a real hit.
Here's the kid table. Others were skeptical as to whether they could handle their own boiling pot of broth, but they did really well. I knew they could handle it. Ava really loved the bockwurst. It was rather tasty. It's the first time in years I've been able to find a store who carried it. That night Santa came!! He treated us all really well!
The best gifts were: For Colson- a crate full of Thomas the Train engines and tracks. He is in heaven. Thanks Rachael Olson-- I mean Santa;-) He also loves his new Thomas trike.
For Ava- a barbie puppy park, doll that Grandma Baum made and a new bike.
For Parker- a remote construction site, a stuffed angry bird, and a new scooter.
Overall, it was a great holiday! We had a great time with family and friends and are looking forward to another great year!!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

So fun! We should try a fondue night. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Looks fun! Glad you had a good Christmas.