Friday, December 7, 2012

Polar Express 2012!

The Polar Express arrived tonight and it was a blast! I told the kids to get their PJ's on and when they got to their beds to find them, they found a package with their golden ticket to the train. They opened their new PJ's (which I made, it's the 1st time I've made them, so I'm pretty excited about it) which they loved!
The pulled them on, donned their jackets and boots and headed out to the PE also known as the Baum van. They climbed in and off we went.
Parker was a little upset about getting his ticket punched upon entry. I told him we'd make him another one.
First stop was dinner. Then cruised around town looking at the lights. I love how festive Pullman gets. Downtown is totally lit up. Love it. Then we went to the drive- thru, Living Nativity at the Living Faith Fellowship church. It was so cool! The 1st stop you and give hot chocolate to everyone in the car along with a program and gold coin to pay the Roman soldiers upon entering Bethlehem. They had the wise men, shepherds, Roman soldiers, inn keepers and everything. The nativity even had a REAL baby Jesus. It was so fun, the kids loved it! At the end, they handed out candy canes to the kids in the car a book mark and a nice little star ornament. It was a hit!
When we got home, we talked about what candy canes represent and the star on the top of the tree. Then we hung them all up on the tree! It was a successful Polar Express this year! Happy Holidays!!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

So fun!

leighmichellec said...

The kids are going to love these memories when they are older! We took the girls to a live nativity this year and it was a big hit!

Pieces of me... said...

I seriously LOVE that idea! I've been wanting to do that soon :)

Kate Clayton said...

What a cute idea!