Do you ever feel like you've turned into the worst version of yourself? This post isn't a cry for compliments, for real. Sometimes I feel like my anxiety over everything in life, has turned me into a not very fun person. When major life changes are on the horizon, I freak out. And when I freak out, no one really likes to be around me. When my anxiety kicks into gear, I can actually do a lot of good things. My anxiety has brought us a lot of blessings, like an assistantship that paid for Daniel's masters degree or finding a job after he finished school. Both were fueled by my freaking out over how we were going to pay for his masters degree and where were we going to work after he graduated. In panic mode, I worked to find solutions to the problems and ending up finding them. For that, I am grateful.
On the other hand, when I freak out, my house suffers. I can't keep things clean, my schedule is thrown off, my kids are in trouble a lot, and husband is annoyed with me. He never admits it, but after being together almost 14 years, I know. I can only handle so much stress, so when something is going on, I can't handle the stress of my home. It puts me over the top. I'm just not a very fun person when I'm anxious.
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'm sorry! I'm glad you can see the blessings despite the hard times. You will get through this.
I'm not either... just ask my kids... they like to call me the bear!
:( As soon as I am feeling a little better I will take your kids for a day, even Sawyer. You can go get pedi's with Kate or something.
I'm sorry friend! Sometimes being a grownup is no fun! I think you're doing an awesome job!
Post a Comment