Parker turned 5 years old on Monday. Crazy- I know. Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday he was my chubby baby coming home from the hospital and now he's a tall, skinny 5 year old who has lost all his baby fat.
This year was Parker's family party year. After last years, Angry Birds party extravaganza, I was going to keep it low key this year. But then I thought, we have lots of family around here, lets go big.
So Parker decided he wanted a Harry Potter party. He's been kind of obsessed with HP lately. So we spent lots of time on Pinterest looking for ideas and such. It was his favorite thing to do in the evening.
But on Saturday, we had a party to go to. It started with entering platform 9 3/4 (the front door) which was accompanied by Hedwig the owl (balloon). There was a Ollivanders wand shop where you had to get your wand. Daniel carved a ton of wands for all the kids. We have a few left over from family who couldn't make it too. Way to go Daniel!
And there was an Oculus Reparo station where you got your fixed glasses.
We played pin the scar on Harry. Which I made with my silhouette.
We had cauldron cakes with super cute cupcake toppers I made. I didn't make the cupcakes. I don't make cupcakes. In fact, I don't think I've ever made them before.
Another game we played was 'seek the snitch'. I found these foam golf balls and cut some wings out and attached them with tooth picks. Then I spray painted them all gold. We hid them around the house and set the kids loose to find them. They brought them to me afterwards and cashed them in
for 'points' which were M&M's.
The kids could visit Honeydukes for some treats. We had licorice wands, Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, Acid Pops and Fizzing Whizbees.
We also had Slytherin Spinach Dip, Potter Pizza, Butterbeer and The Elixir of Life (water). The Butterbeer was a lot of work. It was tasty but really sweet. You could only have a little bit of it.
The bathroom had some decorations too. This one is my favorite. There was also some writing on the mirror about the chamber of secrets.
We did a potions class for one of the games. It was cute. There was 1/2 c vinegar in the little water bottles and 1 TBS of baking soda in the balloons.
The best part of the butterbeer was the whipped cream that goes with it. We tossed out the rest of the butterbeer and kept the whipped cream and used it on french toast. SO GOOD!
Here's the whole table. I'm pretty happy with the banner and Hedwig balloons. Overall it looked really cute.
Here's all the cousins in their Potter attire. So cute.
I love this picture of Brenton, waving his wand in Potions class. His balloon blew up so it worked apparently!
Colson trying to cheat at pin the scar on Harry. When we spun them around we had to say, "abra cadabra, abra cadin, scar is off, now you pin!"
And here's my little Potter-baby. Can't get enough of this baby!
I kind of love the face he's making in this picture! Anyhow, it was a big success! Loved it! Happy Birthday Parker boy! We love you!!


2 comments:
I can't believe he's five! I haven't read or watched Harry Potter but it all looks super cute! Good job!!
You are so darn clever! My daughter would have loved a party like that... she's a Harry Potter true blue fan ;)
Post a Comment