Holy Moly, my baby girl is 8 years old today! When did this happen? When did I get this old?
For her birthday party this year we decided to have a small, "glamour girl" party. We started the day off taking Madbrook doughnuts to Ava's class at school where everyone sang Happy Birthday to her in Spanish. (side note: I'm SUPER impressed with how well those kids speak spanish. Ava kept talking to me in Spanish accidentally while I was there. It was AMAZING)
We came up with these invitations that I really love. And sent them to Ava's closest friends.

We ordered some fancy cupcakes in Ava's favorite colors pink and purple.
And for part the kids party favors, they each got to pick a nail polish.
Once everyone in our small party arrived we headed to the DATC salon in Kaysville. We stopped for some soda's on the way 1st. We got to the DATC and they each headed off with a hairdresser and got to work.
Paige wasn't super excited about having other people do her hair or nails, so she gave moral support to the other girls.
So the hairdressers threw in some fun braids here and there.
Then we were off to get our nails polished. It was quite the selection process at the nail polish wall. I think everyone had at least 3 different colors by the time they had decided.
After, we got our nails done, they got us some eye shadow and lip gloss. Again, the selection process was grueling.
They were supposed to give each girl a lip gloss but they didn't have any. So on our way home, we stopped off at Claire's and each girl got to pick some kind of jewelery or gloss. Ava was a little overwhelmed with her choices. But finally settled on a necklace, bracelet and ring set with an owl on it.
When we got home, we sang to our birthday girl and had cake and ice cream.
Here they are showing off all their nails and hair do's. They also got to keep a nail file from the DATC and they were pretty excited about that.
These girls are so sweet to Ava and know her SO well. Every gift was so thoughtful! Ava LOVES anything art related. She got bracelet supplies, smelly markers that she wanted, a sketch pad, crayons and coloring books. She got a razr scooter, clock, rainbow loom bands from Mom and Dad too.
It was a small and super fun party that apparently sucked the energy out of everyone. Especially Sawyer who couldn't stay awake at the table.
He is adorable and everyone thought it was hilarious. Happy Birthday to our princess Ava! We love you SO much!!


2 comments:
I can't believe she's 8! I remember our first Sunday in PU2 and you were one of the first people I met and you were holding a tiny baby Ava in your arms! That looks like such a fun fun party. Happy Birthday, Ava!
That sounds like a super fun party for 8 year old girls. A day of pampering. What a good idea!
Post a Comment