We moved to the third floor as you all know. The reason I felt this was an acceptable move was that our new apartments had doorknobs instead of handles, thus keeping Ava in her room. That sounds bad, but she has a tendency to get up at 5-5:30 in the morning.
So our first time sleeping in the apartment, I was really excited by the fact that Ava would be sleeping in her own room and could wake up as early as she wanted and play in her room. So as I close the door to her room that first time, I realize it doesn't close all the way. After closer inspection, I realize that the door jamb and doorknob don't line up! Can you believe it?! So that first night I just hoped she wouldn't figure that little secret out. But, no such luck, she was in our room by 6 am. And recently it's gotten earlier and earlier. The other night she came in our room at 3 am!
So then I think, there are some definate perks to being married to the handy-man at the apartment complex, he can just fix it right? Nope. We've lived here 3 weeks now and it is still broken. I think I need to fill out a maintenance request form. (otherwise, I don't think it would get done- who wants to work all day in apartments and then come home to fix their own?) So today I plan to march myself over to the apartment office and request that "someone" come and fix my doorknob!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Good luck with your door problem. I remember when EmmaLee, my almost 6 year old figured out the door knobs. I was devastated. It was one morning when I had jumped in the shower leaving my new born in his bed...with the door closed tight. (thinking that was the safest place for him) When I was finished with my record time shower I only found my new borns door open and he was out of his bed. My sweet 2 year old at that time had opened his door, climbed into his crib and so nicely got him out. I was so scared for Talen that I ran down to Walmart within that hour to purchase those door knob covers. They worked until she was strong enough to use both hands and open them. When your door problem gets fixed you should try those handy door knob covers. Also try putting a black out shade in her room...it seems to help my kiddos sleep longer and go to bed earlier. Good luck!
Post a Comment