I was so pregnant in fact, that I had to miss my older sister Melissa's, wedding on January 17th. (I think that's the day but like I said, I didn't get to go). It was very sad that I couldn't go, I kept thinking that day, I can't believe my sister is getting married and I'm not there! Isn't she beautiful though!(side note, she is now expecting a baby girl due the beginning of May)

February- After much prayer Daniel and I decided to go ahead with a repeat c-section. I had such a good experience with Ava's that I wasn't scared about having another one and the risks of trying to have a regular birth after having had a c section were just a little too scary for me. Parker arrived on February 10th at 7:50 am. He weighed 8 pounds even and was 20 inches long.
The Doctor was a little surprised that he was so big already because I was only 38 weeks. But everything was fine, he was just a chubby baby.
March- My grandpa Garner died unexpectedly. It was very sad. He was 92 years old and had lost my grandma the previous November. We all figured he was just ready to be with her again. The funeral provided a time that all of our family could be together, so we decided to bless Parker while we were all together.
.jpg?SSImageQuality=Full)
He looked so cute in his little white tux. It had tails and everything. I loved it. He had a really large circle too. There were 11 people in it. I didn't think they were gonna all be able to get a hand under him!

April- Ava turned 2 years old on April 17th. She is getting so big so fast.
Grandma and Grandpa Bailey came for her birthday and she loved it! She got her first bike and was really excited about it.
May- Daniel finished his classes and had this crazy idea that he could convince me to go back to Winthrop for the summer. Apparently the people he interned for the summer before really liked him and wanted him to come back. I thought he was joking when he asked me about it. I seriously that he was kidding because he would know better then to aske me to go back to the sticks for the whole summer with 2 kids, no phone, and nothing to do. Needless to say, we didn't go.May was also the time that I had to say good-bye to some of my dearest friends Erica and Leslie. I was so sad to see them go. It makes me sad just writing about it now! I love you Erica and Leslie and I really miss you guys!!
Daniel turned 26 in May and we moved AGAIN to a larger 4 bedroom apartment with round doorknobs. Those of you with kids know why that is important.
June- June found us traveling to Yellowstone for a family reunion with Daniel's family. It was really fun. It was also A LOT of driving. I think the next time we visit Yellowstone will be when the kids are older. To them we just drove around a lot. They didn't really care about the animals, they just wanted out of the car. The picture is of us at Mammoth Falls.

Aunt Melissa almost got eaten by a bear too. Well that might be a bit of an exageration. But it did charge at her and was kind of scary. The picture below is one she took, before it started running at her.

July- We surprised my parents for their 60th birthdays by all showing up for the weekend. By all, I mean my siblings as well. It was so much fun and they were totally surprised.



August- I celebrated my 27th birthday. Yikes I'm getting old. Daniel got me tickets to see Fiddler on the Roof with Topol and I LOVED it!! It was a great gift. We spent August swimming at the pool and spending time with friends before school started.
September- Daniel was in school and working hard. I started babysitting another baby to help earn a little extra money. Life was busy. I did a lot of canning too. My good friend Michelle and I canned lots of applesauce and I think we did peaches too.
October- Daniel and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary of marriage. It has flown by. It seems like we've always been together. But really we've been together for about 10 years, married for 5. For our anniversary I surprised Daniel with a sunset flight around the Palouse in a little plane. Daniel got to fly it and he loved every minute of it. He still talks about it.
October was also Parker's first Halloween. It was really fun to get them all dressed up together. I made both of their costumes and was really happy with how they turned out. Ava looked so pretty dressed up as Tinkerbell and Parker so cute as Peter Pan.


3 comments:
I LOVE the picture of Ava with her finger in her mouth! I don't think I have seen that one before. She is so cute!!! Miss you guys!
Wow.I am impressed you remember everything that happened in 2009. What a fun post. Your family is darling!
yeah, i cannot remember what happend last Janurary, props to you! Yes we did peaches and TON AND TONS OF Apples...ahha aha good times-late nights.
Post a Comment