Saturday, February 27, 2010

Surprise!!

Surprise!! Baby #3 is on the way and it's ETA is October 8th. We are really happy and excited to be adding a new spirit to our family!

We decided it was time to share for a couple of reasons. We told Ava thinking she wouldn't be able to communicate it to other people. But she has learned the difference between boys and girls and tells everyone she knows that Mom is a girl with a baby in her tummy. It's actually pretty cute. And my sister posted something on facebook that made people wonder a bit. (i'm sure she didn't intentionally out me;-)

Let me just say that I'm not a fan of dollar store pregnancy tests. I took 2 that both came up negative. I finally decided to go with what I usually use, not that it happens a lot where I need to use them. But, I'm a fan of the words. I don't like having to decifer lines of lack there of. So I took one and it was positive.

Now some of you may be thinking that it's weird that I took a picture of something I just peed on. Here is my defense. I take a picture of every positive pregnancy test, because once I throw it away, i start thinking that I read it wrong and that it really was negative, then I end up going to buy a new one and starting all over again. So in an effort to save money and a headache, I take a picture so I can just look at it later and feel reassured.

I also have to say, this wasn't entirely planned, but wasn't entirely unplanned either. I always think it's going to take me a few months to get pregnant and give myself a little cushion. You would think I would have learned by now that the cushion is unneccesary for myself and the women in my family. So this baby and Parker will be a bit closer together than Daniel and I had planned, but we are still very happy and really excited!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Congratulations!! I used the same test and took a picture too because the battery inside dies and you can't look back at it like you can normal ones. I'm really happy for you guys!

Leslierush said...

Congrats!!! lol i do kinda feel like you just had Parker but thats cus I left when he was still so little. But yay thats exciting!!!

leighmichellec said...

Offically I am soooo excited! Not that i haven't let the news slip either..oops!

DeAnne said...

wow! wow...going from 2 to 3...that is HUGE :) congratulations erin! man, it just seems like yesterday we were young, single, roommates doing weird stuff and now, now look at us. You are going to have THREE kids. In the blink of an eye.... Hope all goes well for you :) Oh yeah, and I don't think it's weird that you took a picture, I think most or many of us do. I did.

Kate Clayton said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you guys!

Sarah said...

Congratualtions, Erin! You are going to be one busy lady, but it will be great for your family.