Saturday, March 6, 2010

Little Peanut

We had our first appointment today and got to see our little peanut for the first time. I'm sure every mother goes through this, but every time I go in for that first appointment I'm always afraid they're going to do the ultrasound and tell me there is no baby. I know it's an irrational thought after 2 positive pregnancy tests, morning sickness, and weight changes, but I still have it. Daniel just kept saying, Erin, calm down you're pregnant.

Anyhow, there's just one baby there (phew!) and they saw the heart beating and I got to hear it. The creation process never ceases to amaze me. Every pregnancy I've gone through I am constantly in awe that my body is spontaneously creating another human being. I guess it wasn't exactly spontaneous, but still, with no conscious help from me, my body knows how to create a perfect human body. Even now, when the baby is little more then 1/2 inch, it has a heart that is beating and I heard it! I just think it's so- cool, for lack of a better word. It's a true testimony to me that there really is a God and He knows what He is doing. How else could I create a human body that one of His spirits can dwell in? Without Him, it would not be possible.

Anyhow, if you look real close you can see the two dark spots that are the eye sockets and the circle on the left is the yolk sac.

Now if we could just agree on names;-)

4 comments:

Rachael said...

So exciting! Are you hoping for a boy or girl? At least you have one of each so it's no big thing.

TyLeen said...

Good luck with the name game. We always have a lot of fun with it. I am lucky though, Spencer is so easy he would agree with just about anything. We can't even name our kids until we see them. Do you guys give a specific name to the baby before? My kids wished we did!

DeAnne said...

that IS very cool!

Leslierush said...

I agree with you...I'm totally in awe too. Even though I've done it twice I still have to read whats going on with each week cus I just thinks its sooooo weird and amazing!