Friday, March 26, 2010

Craft Smock

I made this as a Christmas present for Ava and just never posted a picture of it- I think. So if this is a repeat, just ignore it. I decided since Ava is getting to the age where we do a lot of "messy" projects, I didn't want to have to get paint out of her clothes. Just fyi, you can't get acrylic paint off ANYTHING except your hands and the table. You'll just have to buy new clothes if you get any on it.

Anyhow, I found these really easy instructions on this blog I follow called makeitandloveit.blogspot.com. I love that blog. So many cute ideas. Anyways, it ties at the sides and has a velcro closure at the base of the neck. And even has pockets. The original pattern had this really cute ruffle at the pocket line, but it was almost impossible to get the bias tape over it and the fabric, so I just bagged the ruffle. It still turned out really cute I think!

Ava and I painted canvas' for her room today and I'm happy to report not one drop of paint on her clothes!


2 comments:

Rachael said...

Super cute art smock!!

Derrick and Melissa said...

Super cute! I haven't tried it on clothes, but Krud Kutter (found at Lowe's or Home Depot) will get acrylic paint out of carpet. Taylor dropped red on the carpet about the size of a golf ball and it came out. It also removed caulking from the carpet that had been there for several weeks.