Friday, March 26, 2010

Ginghers!

In the last month I have made, 5 car seat covers, 4 rag quilts, 1 blessing dress and 10 burp clothes. Out of the 6 girls in my family, 4 are pregnant- 1 with twins as you all know. Anyhow, we took a trip to Utah this last week and I got to see all my pregnant sisters so I brought them all their baby gifts. As I was making the rag quilts, I thought my hand was going to die and need amputation after all the snipping. Unfortunately, the snips got wider and wider as I went, so my sisters will have to do some additional snipping. I was still snipping my sister Jessica's blanket in the car on the way to the shower.

So I decided it was time to invest in some GOOD scissors that would not require amputation at a later date. Luckily, JoAnn's was having a great online deal last week and I got my ginghers for 40% off.

Now I just look at them and dream of all the things I can cut! They're so shiny and sharp, it makes me so happy! Is that weird to be so excited about a pair of scissors? Maybe it is, but I am in love and don't care!

4 comments:

leighmichellec said...

I think it is great you bought something that is going ot help you make your life easier!

Rachael said...

I have the same brand. My mom gave them to me and a sewing machine when I moved out. They're awesome scissors. I've never even sharpened mine and they work super well.

DeAnne said...

beautiful!!!! I want some of those some day :)

Pieces of me... said...

Man! I love your creations, and that's alot of sewing... it's been taking me over a year to get a picnic quilt finished. :)