Sunday, March 27, 2011

New Spring Dress

Ava has outgrown all the dresses I've made for her except 2. So, It's time for some new clothes. I originally bought this fabric thinking I'd make her Easter dress out of it. Then, I went shopping with my Mom at the JoAnn's in Puyallup and found SOOO much cute springy fabric and just couldn't help myself. So this is just one of many to come in the next few weeks.

I love how it turned out! Originally, the pattern has a shrug with long sleeves, but I didn't really like it. So instead I pulled out one of my other patterns that included a shrug and made that one. I LOVE it!!
You might not be able to tell from this picture, but the underskirt has a little eyelet trim on it. It looks so cute! I can't believe how adorable Ava looks! She is growing up so fast, it makes me a little sad.

11 comments:

Kate Clayton said...

I noticed this dress on her today. I thought it was so cute. Erin, you are so talented! You could seriously sell your darling dresses!

TyLeen said...

Super cute! Where do you find the time to make those adorable dresses? I have been trying to make Cardyn an apron...yeah, an apron for about 2 days now. And it still isn't done! Yeah, pretty sad!

The Asay's said...

Ava looked so cute in her new dress today. You are so talented Erin.

Rachael said...

Such a pretty dress. You did an awesome job!!

leighmichellec said...

All i have to say is you are amazing and need to start selling your creations!!!

Derrick and Melissa said...

I LOVE it!!! You do amazing work!

Becky said...

Oh Erin! Ava was absolutely adorable at church today! I couldn't stop looking at her gorgeous little dress! GREAT work!!

Unknown said...

The dress looks great Erin, you did such a good job. I wish I could see it in person.

Pieces of me... said...

Oh my goodness, adorable!!! I'm hiring you as my sewing tutor! :)

alane said...

miss Erin,
What a great little seamstress you are! I got my start sewing little dresses for Alicia and have loved it ever since...keep up the great work!!! SO CUTE!!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Way cute. You do great work!!