Sunday, March 13, 2011

Slow

Things on the Baum family blog have been a bit slow lately. A lot has happened, but I haven't taken any pictures of it all. So, you'll just get something to read.

First, Daniel had his tonsils and uvula removed about 2 weeks ago. He was snoring SOO bad and obstructing constantly. I slept on the couch for a week because I couldn't sleep with all the noise he was making. Then he got strep throat and his tonsils were so big, they were almost touching. So the ENT thought they ought to come out.

Daniel was hilarious when he was drugged. He kept cracking jokes and giggling. He was so random at times too. It was really funny. Luckily, his sister Melissa and her daughter Madi came to help out while he was recovering. It was awesome to have her here. She did all my laundry!!! She helped watch my kids, clean my house, and take care of Daniel. We made some ties for here new little guy that will be arriving soon and got to spend some time with Nicholas and Christina too. We were sad to see her go. Daniel is all healed up now and back to normal.

All of my new workout classes have started this week. I'm doing spinning 3 times a week, gravity twice a week, an ab lab twice a week, and a yoga class on Saturday mornings. I better start seeing some results or I'm going to be bugged. I'm exhausted after the first week. My sister and I have decided to do a sugar cleanse for lent too. Except since we're not Catholic we've come up with a different name. It'll either be Mo-Ent or Sanct. Lent is really all about sanctification, thus the Sanct. In addition to a sugar cleanse we've decided to do some kind of spiritual re-commitment or goal too. I'm still thinking about what mine will be. But as for the sugar cleanse, I'm doing pretty good.

This week is spring break for Daniel. I wish I could be more excited about it, but he's going to be so busy working on his Senior project that it won't seem like a break. But, we are going to my parents house on Thursday. My brother and his wife are blessing their new baby, so I'm really looking forward to that. The kids are too. Ava keeps asking if we're going to grandma and grandpa's house today. I'm actually REALLY excited to go. I wish we had two cars so I could go earlier with the kids. My sister Alli will be there too, so I want to spend a little more time with her.

Anyhow, that's the scoop on our family lately!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm glad you guys are doing well!!

Derrick and Melissa said...

We had so much fun up there! Thank you guys so much!!! Glad Daniel is doing better. Have a great time with your family!

Melissa said...

How do you go to so many classes in a week? Does your gym have child care or do you get up at the crack of dawn?
Glad to hear Daniel's doing better. You should have video-taped him!

Courtney said...

Hey! Cute blog! I am glad you guys are doing well! See you at church. Thanks for always being so sweet to me. I am so glad I am here in Pullman!