Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Decor

I've started to feel the need to brighten things up in our apartment. I am desperate for spring to be here. I thought it was here yesterday when it was 60 degrees, but was sadly disappointed when I woke up to snow this morning. Bleh!

I saw a wreath like this at JoAnn's the other day. And I thought, I could make that. So I bought a grape wreath and a bunch of eggs then whipped out my glue gun. I glued away, then crammed some reindeer moss in all the nooks with more glue and a pencil. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.



I'm still working on some brighter decor for inside the apartment, but so far, I came up with these. I just used a flower punch and pins. I stuck them all into those styrofoam balls. They look homemade, but I still like them.


My sister bought me some wood from the Wood Connection in Utah, but forgot to bring it up with her. Sad. But, when I do get it, it's gonna be super cute!! I can't wait for the warmer weather, so I can break out my new scroll saw and this awesome sander that my parents got me for an early birthday present. Yay Spring, get here soon!!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I've always wanted one of those wreaths but they're pretty pricey. Maybe I should make one..

Pieces of me... said...

So cute!! Your 'homemade' looks professional to me! :)

Sarah said...

Your wreath turned out great, I've been thinking about making one, too. Now I think I will!

DeAnne said...

I saw those flower kissing balls on the idea room. they're cute :)