There are obviously many fathers out there that have influenced my life, but I'm going to talk about my own dad and Daniel. Just know that I'm so grateful for my grandpa and many other men who have influenced me for the good.
My own Dad and I didn't always see eye to eye growing up. We both had a lot of personality and weren't willing to back down. My Dad raised his kids to be independent and speak up when others wouldn't. (this occasionally came back to bite him-the Bailey women spoke up quite a bit as teenagers;-) I'm thankful that he did this. He showed us by example how to lead and be the example.
My Dad worked tirelessly for his family. Always, wanting the best for them. He loves my mother. There was never any question of that in any of his kids minds. The quickest way to get in trouble at our house was to be disrespectful to my Mom. And I honestly believe that's the way it should be. After I moved out and have gotten older, I realize how hard being a parent is. And I realized what a great Father I have. In my Patriarchal blessing it says that I was blessed to goodly parents, like Nephi's parents. Who want the best for me. I have come to know how true that statement is. Growing up, a lot of times I thought they were just being difficult, but now I see that they really did just want the best for me, and still do.
And now that I have kids of my own, my Dad now plays an important role in their lives. He again shows what a Father and Grandfather should do and be. My kids absolutely ADORE my dad. They talk about him everyday. Parker tells me at least twice a week that he is going to Papa's house today. And Ava talks about how much she misses them. My dad tickles and plays with them and they can't get enough. I'm so so thankful for the blessing of a righteous Father. I wouldn't be who I am, without him. I love you Dad!!
For the Father of my children, I chose the absolute best out there. Luckily, he chose me too. Daniel and I started dating in high school, so I've known him for quite a while now. I knew then that he would be a great father. He played with my nieces and nephews when they'd visit all the time. I remember my sister whispering to me as he was playing with her son, that Daniel would be a really good Dad someday.
Daniel is so kind and gentle with our kids. But he also helps them to understand limits and rules. Our kids know Daddy is always there to help them.

Daniel fell completely in love with Ava when she joined our family. He couldn't seem to get enough of her. She still can't get enough of him and is soooo happy when he comes home from work. Ava has always been more attached to Daniel then me, and I think that's ok. They both need that.

Parker is also really excited to see Daniel when he gets home from work. He gets really distressed if Daniel leaves in the morning without giving him kisses. It's pretty cute. He'll chase him down the stairs to get his kisses before he leaves.
Everyday, Parker asks me at least 3 times, "where is Daddy?" They love when Daddy is home to play with them, to water plants with them and to push them on the swing.
Daniel is way more patient then I am. He takes time to talk to the kids and find out what is going on with them. He tries to be at all of the important functions. He sets a good example of priesthood leadership in our home and I am so blessed for it.
I couldn't ask for a better husband and father for me and my kids. We have the best! I know Heavenly Father loves me because he gave me Daniel, Ava, Parker & Colson!!Happy Fathers Day!!


No comments:
Post a Comment