This was my first attempt at making a cheesecake. I remember my roommate DeAnne making a cheesecake and all the work that went into it. We photographed every angle of that cheesecake. It was delicious. So I decided to try my hand at it this year. I found this great recipe called Firecracker cheesecake. It has a layer of blueberry flavored cheesecake in the middle and I swirled it on top too. It took 3 hours to cook!!! I couldn't believe how long it takes to bake one of these! But man was it worth it. It was SO good! I also, photographed every angle. But, don't look too close to the nutrition facts. This really can only be a once a year treat. 384 calories and 31 grams of fat per serving!!!
We came home to our apartments and wheeled the grill out by the playground and picnic tables. We set up a blanket and had a little barbeque. It was so nice. The weather was perfect, the kids played, we talked and played games. It was just perfect. Brenton wasn't into the cheesecake so much. But boy did he like the berries. I had a bowl of extra berries out on the table and he loved it. He sat next to the bowl and ate and ate. It was cute.
After the barbecue we changed into our jammies, pulled our camp chairs out to the lawn, wrapped up in a blanket and watched the fireworks. They kids thought it was great. After all our neighbors fired all their fireworks off, we went inside and watched the firework show in DC on tv. We talked about how blessed we are to live in America where we can go to school and worship as we please. Ava seemed to understand how important it was when we explained that not everyone has the things we do. It truly is a blessing to be American!
The kids didn't get to bed until 11!! I don't think they've ever stayed up that late. But they slept in till 8:30 which was awesome!
Happy Birthday America!!


7 comments:
So fun! You guys really made the most out of the day, that's so great!!
UHHH....YUM!!!!!!! I want a piece of that cake!
That cheesecake looks A.MAZ.ING! I need the recipe! Sounds like you guys had a great time. It is always fun to be with family on holidays.
I know you saved a piece for your very pregnant friend...right...? JK Anyways it looks amazing and glad to hear you had a good holiday!
Sounds like you guys had a great 4th. Colson is growing like a weed.
That cheesecake looks divine! Scrumpdiddly-umptious! ANd I do have to say, the shirt is so cute too :) I love holidays and how it ispires our natural creativity!
That is one festive, delicious looking cheesecake. YUM!
Post a Comment