I'm way behind on blogging. This was about a month ago now. But, here it is. We decided to go on a little family outing last minute. It was Daniel's last day of summer with school starting the following Monday. So we headed out on the 1.5 hour journey to Palouse Falls. It was really fun. The kids loved it and so did we. I thought I read somewhere that you could swim there, but we couldn't find it. Luckily, they had a sprinkler going. The kids had a good time running through the sprinkler and getting wet.
A nice stranger took our picture together with the falls in the background. It was super hot that day so don't look too close.
Daniel bought some binoculars a few years back when we went to yellowstone. He brought them and the kids got a real kick out of them. They couldn't put them down.
They were a lot bigger then I thought they were going to be. They were really pretty too. It's strange how a huge waterfall just shows up in the middle of the desert.
We took a little 'hike' if you will, around to all the viewing spots. We brought our picnic lunch and sat in the shade to eat. It was so nice that day, it was perfect.
It was such a wonderful day. We had so much fun just being together as a little family. Even Colson had a good time. (as you can see, he had a great time breaking my sunglasses;-)
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
It looks like you guys had fun. How can the Palouse Falls be 15 hours away? Or is it 15 hours round trip?
What a fun trip and looks gorgeous!! Thank goodness for sweet strangers :)
Sorry, I think the font I am using hides the decimal a little, it was only 1.5 (1 1/2) hours.
that was something we (i should say i) always wanted to do, but we never did. We might have to go some time :)
Post a Comment