Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oh the craftiness of it all . . .

Things have been so busy lately with the Holidays. I've been effectively addicted to Pinterest. Here's what I've been up to lately.


I got the idea for the Halloween wreath from Pinterest. I bought a wire wreath form and 1 yard of 3 different fabrics and cut them into 1 inch by 6 inch strips and just tied them on. It was my Conference project. I tied as I listened.


We did these burlap wreaths for the Mom's group I attend called PS I love you. Instead of buying the Styrofoam forms they bought these pipe covers and taped them together. It worked, but not my favorite idea as they are a little un-round 'ish. Oh well, I did make the flowers too.


I found the idea for these trees on pinterest too. I decided to do these for Marthafest as well. More pictures to come. We ended up making these at PS I love you also. I really love how they turned out.


I made this for Ava's preschool teacher Miss Jill. She moved away, Ava & the whole PM Suns class is very sad. Needless to say, Miss Jill loved it!


These are supposed to be pumpkins. They are made of books. I'll admit, they don't exactly look like pumpkins. But, they took a long time to make, so I'm putting them on here. I folded all those pages then brushed them with orange paint.


My awesome Mother in law has a vinyl cutter. And she kindly cuts me a lot of vinyl. I've seen a lot of these growth charts lately and have really wanted one. So she cut this for me and I finally assembled it last night. Daniel cut the wood and used the router to finish the edges. It looks great. I can't wait to put it up and measure the kids.


Daniel actually saw these little mummies on Pinterest and wanted to make them. He used pipe cleaners though. Then I just wrapped them up in some muslin and voila! I actually think they're pretty cute.


And finally, these little owls. I made these little guys for the kids for Christmas. They're rice heating packs that you nuke in the microwave. I love how they turned out. It's so hard for me to not give them to them already. I'll have to be patient though.

7 comments:

Derrick and Melissa said...

So much fun, I love it all!!!

Rachael said...

Such cute stuff! You've been busy!

Melissa said...

Wow, Erin! That's a lot of crafts. You'll have to tell me how to make the twine trees since I can't make it to MarthaFest.

DeAnne said...

hot dog! you've been busy!

Keely said...

You make me want to go be creative and make something!

Pieces of me... said...

Awesome! I love how you actually DO the ideas. Me, I look n say, 'Aw, that's so cute!'... lol, and then never do them haha. They all look awesome :)

leighmichellec said...

Thee only thing i can say to you is "YOU ARE STUNNINGLY TALENTED!"