After putting my valentines day stuff away, I realized that I had a shocking lack of St. Patty's day decor. It needed to be remedied, so I came up with a few projects.
I saw this idea on pinterest and LOVED it. The exception was that the pinterest horseshoe had a metal blank with a cute little rhyme attached to it too. I decided to just try it out without the blank and I like it just as much. I'm pretty sure most people could do this project at little to no cost if they can find someone who lives around them with horses that need shoeing occasionally and green ribbon in their storage. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.
I am still an apartment dweller. Someday, (sooner rather then later hopefully) my husband and I will be real grown ups and have a house with a mantle I can decorate for the different holidays. In the meantime, the top of my entertainment center will have to do. So here is the culmination of my projects.
I made this little guy ALL by myself. COMPLETELY by myself. I had no guidance from a website or my husband, so I'm pretty excited about it. I drew the horseshoe shape on my piece of 1 x 8 and cut with my scroll saw (by myself), then cracked out the hubby's drill and made the holes (again, by myself). I painted it, antiqued it, and bought the shamrocks from Joanne's. I used some craft wire to do some twirly's around the horseshoe and shamrocks and voila!! A lucky horseshoe!
We had quite a few blocks left over from the PS craft that we made for valentines day, so I thought a few st. Patty's day blocks could be cute too. So I cut out all the shapes and letters for these blocks on my Silhouette and am a little bit in love with them. I think I still need to make one more though. I don't know why, but I feel like there needs to be 3 of everything.
Finally, I bought these green chargers from Walmart after Christmas for $1 each. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with them, but thought I could find something for that price. My mother in law sent me a TON of vinyl which I'm so thankful for, that included this gold. Daniel helped me figure out how to make the words go in a circle and ran it through my silhouette. This is in my kitchen and I love it. I'm so lucky to have such an accommodating husband. He helps me with all my projects without complaint. He's a gem!
On a side note, I'm considering starting my own little craft blog. Not for profit or anything, but just to separate my family blog from all my projects. What do you guys think? Is it just one more blog you have to click on?
Monday, March 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
So cute. You and Chelsea are just so cute doing decor for each month. I wish I was that motivated. I think a craft blog is a great idea. I have one and it is a good spot to keep the stuff I make so our family blog can be about my family. Blogs are free so why not!
You should totally do a craft blog! Seriously, you have such a gift and tap into some great ideas. I love it, you did such a good job, way to go! :)
you did a a great job...and have become quite the crafter!!! Great job!D
Erin you are so good at decorating for each holiday. Cute decor
If possible, the crafts are even cuter in person! I love them all!
Post a Comment