This past weekend me and the kids took a little trip with my friend Kate and her family. It was really fun. We decided to go on a whale watching trip too and had a lot of fun. Kate got us a great deal too which makes it even better.
I don't know if you can tell, but this is the grey whales back. They're kind of hard to see because they don't really have a dorsal fin. This guy was hunting ghost shrimp and was diving down.
Here's Ava and I on the boat. My mom graciously agreed to watch the boys so we could go and not worry about Parker jumping off the boat.
These are California Sea lions sunning themselves on the boueys. When we passed them again, one of them actually waved at the boat. Kate got it on film, but I didn't.
Here's Ava and Max enjoying their time on the boat. We had fun, but I think Kate and I realized that this kind of trip is really only for 8 years old and up. The kids enjoyed it, but they got bored in the first 45 minutes. It was a 4 hour tour, so you can imagine it got a little tedious.
And this picture is of a grey whale named Little Patch or LP for short. The picture is kind of far away because we has in pretty shallow water so we couldn't go any closer. He was feeding on his side, and did a few head lunges, but I couldn't get my camera to cooperate at the right moment. This was his pectoral fin as he was eating on his side.
We saw a lot of harbor seals and porpoises and had a really nice time!
Monday, March 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That is so cool. I would love to see a whale in real life. Sounds like you guys had a blast.
Thanks again for going with us to the west side. I had a blast too!
That looks like so much fun! Glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment