Monday, April 30, 2012

Ava-Girl's 5th Birthday!

When did I get so old? I still see myself as a 21 year old, but now I'm old enough to have a kid going to kindergarten. *tear* Ava had a great birthday this year! We do friend parties every other year, so this was a family year.
She picked out a Tinkerbell cake and we had a nice little party at home.
She blew out her candles. I love how this picture is more of Daniel demonstrating how to blow out candles.
And opened her presents. She got some My Little Ponies, some tinkerbell & friends dolls, stickers and $7 from Nana & Pop.
One of our birthday traditions is popping your balloons by sitting on them to get your dollars out. It's pretty funny to watch.
But, she finally got her $5 out! Ava is such a joy to have in our family. She is a total Daddy's girl and would do anything her Dad asked her to do. She's very helpful with Parker & Colson and helps them do their chores. She loves to sing and make up songs about what she's doing at the time. And she loves to do puzzles. She's really fast at them too. She loves to tell people how old she is too. Ava's also very sensitive to spiritual stuff. She loves the scriptures and saying prayers. We were watching a movie the other day (it was a cartoon)and something happened and she hollered out, "he needs to repent!" It was pretty funny. We love you Ava! Happy Birthday Big girl!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe she's 5 either! I still remember her laying on the floor in Tri-Cities doing her motorcycle revving thing. So cute!

Derrick and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Miss Ava! Love you!