Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hoppy Easter!

Phew! We had a super busy Easter weekend! All kinds of fun was had by all. We're so thankful for this Easter season we have to celebrate the resurrection of the Savior.


We decided to have Easter bunny day on Saturday and Easter on Sunday. We're hoping to separate them so the kids really grasp the real meaning of Easter. It has worked out pretty well so far. So we (the kids) woke up super early Saturday morning to find the Easter bunny had stopped by.


The kids were ecstatic with their kites and gardening gloves the bunny left them.


Then we headed to the Albion Easter egg hunt with my sister and her kids. We loved it! So much better than Pullmans madhouse.


Then we headed straight to the stake Easter brunch.


The kids from our ward got up and sang Jesus wants me for a sunbeam. It was really cute. They all kept jumping when they sang sunbeam. Yes that is my son singing/talking/making noises into the microphone.


The Easter bunny made an appearance and everything. The 1st counselor in the stake presidency gave a little devotional and asked why we celebrate Easter, Ava raised her hand and said in the microphone, "because Jesus died and came back to life 3 days later!" It made this Mama proud.


Here they are all dressed in their Easter finest. I'm loving Ava in red.


I think the boys look adorable in bow ties too. I think I'll have to make some more of them.


All together! I love my little kiddos. They are so sweet and adorable. Today was Colson's first day in nursery, an Easter miracle!


We had our good friends the Dixon's and the Clayton's for Easter dinner. It was so fun.


We did a little egg hunt outside and the kids loved it. We had such a nice time all together. We're really going to miss the Clayton's when they move back to Utah in a few weeks *tear*.


Everyone found lots of eggs and we all stuffed ourselves with candy and treats. The food was all delicious and the company was wonderful.


We had an amazing Easter weekend! We're so blessed!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Glad you had a great Easter! And I do love Ava in red...so cute!

Pieces of me... said...

What a fun weekend!! And your kids look absolutely darling! Love the bow ties too :)

The Asay's said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Easter. I loved your kids matching ties and dress. Adorable!