Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Colson!!

Oh my little baby has turned 2! I just can't believe it. Time has flown by, really fast. I really don't know where 2 years have gone. I feel like we just brought him home from the hospital.
Colson has had a fascination with the movie Cars. So we got a pretty cool Cars cake. Somehow, Mom ordered half a sheet instead 1/4 sheet cake. So we had a lot of cake that we couldn't eat, so luckily we have some generous friends that took some off our hands;-)
He liked the cake. And he liked the presents, he got Tidmuth sheds and farmer McCall for his trains and he got a Thomas train, Emily, Emily's tender and a Spiderman airplane.
Colson really is a sweet sweet boy. I could just love on that kid all day. He still LOVES his blanket and has a love affair with his thumb. He can say a few words, but not many. He's still in speech therapy and will be for a while. He recently got ear tubes and we've seen a lot of improvement since then. Prior to the tubes, he was operating with a moderate to severe hearing loss. The most common word he has and uses is, Daddy. He also says "hot hot hot" as soon as I set dinner on the table. He can say wow, hey, yeah, uh oh, bye-but he's actually saying die. It's kind of funny. He really likes to help Daddy water the flowers with Dad. He's very helpful around the house. He puts the shoes in the box and helps put the silverware away. He likes running around with Ava & Parker. He doesn't exactly play with them, but he likes running after them in the house. Honestly, I baby that little guy. I feel like I worked so hard to keep him alive that 1st year that I can't stop. And because he doesn't talk, I feel like it's even easier to keep him a baby longer. I'll try for as long as I can I guess!

No comments: