It all happened so fast. One day we were looking for jobs, the next Daniel was headed down to Utah to look for a place to live. We always said we'd never apply in Utah. We just never felt like it was a good fit for us. But as time went on, we thought it best to apply everywhere. I just happened to hop on ksl.com to take a peak at what jobs were available. I sent his resume in to a few not thinking any would really pan out. Daniel did a follow up call with them and voila, job offer without a face to face interview.
We wanted to make sure it was for real and somewhere he'd want to work as well as find housing if it was. He made a quick 3 day trip, met with the owner, hammered out some details and house hunted. Luckily, his sister Melissa lived nearby the area we were looking and went with him. His company is based out of Layton and we wanted to live somewhere with decent schools, which turns out to be hard to find in Davis county. Finally, we found a house in Syracuse that had the features we wanted (fenced back yard/ central AC) with a decently ranked school.
We were packed in less than 1 week and on the road. We had a lot of help though. Pullman University 2nd ward is amazing. We made amazing friends there that we are so grateful to for all their help. A particular thank you to Marie for watching my kiddos so many times while I packed. You are amazing and I miss you already!
So here's our house in Syracuse. The kids are loving the area. There's lots of kids around and a park 2 minutes away. They're also loving the basement playroom and big back yard to run around in.
Look at those little faces. So happy! Happy to be together no matter where we go. So it doesn't really matter that we are living in a state that I swore I'd never live in or that I had to leave my home of 27 years. What matters is that we are together. So onward with a positive attitude that I'm going to love it here as much as I love Washington.


8 comments:
Your house looks awesome! I'm so happy for you!!! We need to get together soon!
Look at the bright side. TOFW always gets the best speakers there, general conference is there, summers are fun, I can visit you!, and everyone has lots of kids for your kids to play with:) Congrats again!
I can't wait to see you and the new place!
Yay for a nice big house. miss you Erin so glad you guys love your new home.
I had to go look up where Syracuse is, my best friend from College is from Ogden so I have been around there a few times. I hope you find lots that you enjoy and I am sure you will have no trouble making lots of great new friends!
I am so glad that everything worked out for you! I remember you saying you would NEVER live in UT, but it is funny how life works out! Miss you guys! Congrats to Daniel on the job :)
I too swore we will never live in Utah and we live...in Wyoming in a town of like 500 people. I understand having to work on your attitude to enjoy where you are! It is a beautiful house (with super cute kiddos!) Good luck with getting settled and not hating UT too much ;)
love your catch up posts. We are so excited to have you living so close. My kids haven't had cousins around and they are LOVING it. I hope that you will come to really enjoy and love all that UT has to offer and look forward to being friends again, not just sisters. :D
Post a Comment