Tuesday, June 25, 2013

This Is The Place Heritage Park

Well, I did it.  I have ventured out to a major public place, by myself, with all my kids.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  I tried to get all the people I know here in Utah to come with me.  But, alas, no one could come.  So I braved it on my own and it went surprisingly well.  The kids listened really well and stayed with me.  It was a lot of fun.
 
 
 
 
 
We got on the 'train' which was really more of a tram painted like a train.  The kids thought it was awesome though. 
 
 
There was a real train that went around the pond and Colson was in heaven.  He loves trains.  He kept saying, "choo choo!"
 
 
There they were going around the pond.  I was a little worried about them going without me.  I was concerned they'd try and climb out while it was moving or something, but they did great!  I'm so impressed with my kids today.
 
After we got off, Colson still couldn't tear himself away from the train.  He stood there and watched it go around a few more times.
 
 
Showing off our arrow head necklaces that they made.  I had a proud parent moment when I was telling them what arrow heads were.  I explained that they were on the tips of arrows that the Indians would use with their bows to get food.  And Parker said, "just like Nephi broke his bow and arrow!"  I was so proud!  He does listen!!
 
 
Pony rides!  Ava looked so comfortable up there.  I think we'll need to get her a horse someday.
 
 
I can't believe how big Parker looks in this picture.  He just looks so tall to me.
 
 
I was worried Colson might wig out being up on that horse alone, but he didn't.  He sat up there and rode around like a pro.  He didn't want to get off either.  They're growing up so fast!
 
 
Sawyer is seriously the best baby.  He just hung out in his seat and was happy as can be.  I could just kiss on that face all day!  I felt like a wonder-mom because I managed to wrangle 3 kids and not lose one and nurse a baby.  Too much information?  Maybe, but I was proud of myself.
 
 
We hit the petting zoo too.  Parker tried to keep up with emu's but it was a little tricky.
 
 
He did make time to have a chat with the pig though.
 
 
Colson thought the goats were hilarious.  I'm not sure why, but he really like them.
 
 
They have a kids village play area.  It was really cute.  It had a wooden train that Colson loved.  And kid size houses for the kiddos to run around in.  The firehouse was a hit because it had a bell you could ring.
 
 
 
At the end of the day, we were hot and worn out.  So we took a picture with Brigham Young and headed to ice cream.  All in all, it was a great day.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

You nailed it! It looks super fun. We'll have to meet you up there next time! PS We ran in to Nicholas at Costco tonight. It was so crazy! We didn't even know he moved back down.

Sarah Richins said...

So, you know I never read blogs but I just read the last five or six entries here. I always know what you're doing, but I loved the pictures. I'm glad that everything is going well and that you like the house. Hopefully, all the 'other things' will fall in to place soon. We miss you guys terribly. It was so fun and such a great experience for me and the kids to have you guys living so close. They've never had cousins so close by that they could hang out with and play with on a regular basis. It was such a blessing to get reacquainted as sisters after so many years living so far apart. I miss getting together with the kids when the husbands were at school. We love you guys so much and can't wait to see you in a few weeks. :-)

Melissa said...

Go, Erin! I can't believe all the stuff there was to do. We always got there in the off-season.

Kate Clayton said...

So fun! Let's go again...together! I'm upset I waited around for someone who didn't even bother to show up.

leighmichellec said...

sounds like so much fun! We miss you guys.