Friday, July 26, 2013

First Day of 1st Grade!!

Ok, so this isn't of Ava's first day.  But, we thought it was pretty funny.  When Colson is tired, he can sleep anywhere.  I'm pretty sure it was only 6:30 pm in this picture.
 

Ava has officially started 1st grade here in Syracuse!!  It's crazy that she's old enough for that.  Here in Syracuse they have year round school.  Which really is a weird way to just say, they go to school for 3 weeks, then have 3 weeks off, then go to school for 6 weeks, have 2 weeks off etc.  We'll see how we like it.



Last year, Ava said she wanted to be a princess when she grows up.  This year, she said that too, but just to be cute.  So I asked her again and she said she wants to be a Mommy.  Yay!!  Hopefully that means I'm doing something right.


Here we are walking her to her class on the 1st day!  Parker may have been as excited as she was.
 

Ava goes to Buffalo Point Elementary now, so we took this photo out front.
 
She got in to the Spanish Immersion program here, so she does half a day in English, half a day in Spanish.  At the orientation they said the Spanish teacher, Senora Mora, does not speak ANY English to the kids at all.  And in January, the kids won't be allowed to speak in English in her class too.  It sounds intense to me, but I think Ava will do great in it.  On her first day of school we had pizza for dinner and while she was eating she said, mmmm muy bien!  I thought it was kinda funny.  My baby is growing up!  She's no longer gone for 1/2 a day.  It's a little sad to think that the time when she spends the majority of the day at home with me, is over.  She's getting so old.  But like Senora Mora said today, "we're trying to make these kids as independent as possible.  They're not in kinder anymore, it's time to let them go."

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear how you like the Spanish portion or the year round!