I don't know much about building things, fixing things or car in general. This probably comes as no surprise to those of you who know me well. I would rather pay someone else who knows what they are doing, to do those types of things for me.
But after buying a house of our own, and realizing how expensive it is to pay someone to do these type of things, Daniel and I had to take matters into our own hands. When we bought our house, it had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and an unfinished basement. We had Ava in with Sawyer for a while and it was seriously painful for her. We knew we had to get the basement done sooner rather than later. She would wake up at night when the baby did saying, "I just can't stand this! I hate this!" So, we enlisted the help of our super handy and knowledgeable brother/in law Nicholas. He is all knowing when it comes to HVAC, wiring, framing, plumbing, etc. Luckily, he is a blood relation and is obligated as such to help us. :-) Actually, he just did it out of the kindness of his heart. And we are SOOOOO thankful.
Here's Daniel and Nicholas running the HVAC into the room.
We had the insulation up at this point and the tub in. It was already plumbed for a bathroom but only had a shower insert. We opted to pull the shower insert out and put in a jetted tub. Yay!
And then we started on the drywall. It sucks. Like majorly sucks. We got about half way through hanging it and I was done. I didn't care how much it cost, I was willing to pay someone else to hang that drywall.
So we paid someone to hang, tape and mud the drywall down there. It was worth every penny. We put in the bathroom, tiled the floor, and put some carpet in.
Then I painted and moved in!!
Daniel even installed a closet for me. There's room for a craft area and everything. I'm LOVING it! Turning the basement into the master bedroom was the best idea. We had originally planned on just putting 1 bedroom, 1 small bathroom and a craft room down there. But now, the whole basement is MINE!! I seriously heart it!
There are a few more finishing touches to do, but all in good time my friend. Ava got to take the original master bedroom, and she couldn't be happier about it. She LOVES having a bathroom to herself and a big closet. A girl after my own heart. The perks of being the only girl are now becoming clearer to her!





1 comment:
That's so awesome! I want to see more!!!
Post a Comment