Friday, July 31, 2015

New do!!

So, I don't often post pictures of myself because I don't love them.  My hair was getting long and super curly.  I needed a change.  I was feeling like a real frumpy mom. 

So on a day when I'd had it in general, Daniel came home and I said I was going to go grocery shopping.  I WAS actually planning to go shopping.  But instead, I found myself driving to the salon where I asked for their most experienced hair dresser.

 She asked what I wanted and I told her I didn't know.  I just needed a change.  She said she'd just take off a few inches or so.  She had a really cute hair cut too.  So I asked her if she thought I could pull that hair cut off.  She looked at me like I was a little bit crazy and asked if I was really serious.  I told her I was and she said I could totally pull it off.  So i said ok.  I said, lets go for it.  She was totally surprised and started snipping away.

She cut off a lot of hair.  I kind of panicked when she made the first cut because it was right above my ear and once it was gone, there was no going back.  After she warmed up the brown in my hair, she put some chunky highlights in too.

This is the end result and I have to say, I LOVE it!!  It's been so nice for the summer and it gives me a good excuse to buy some dangly earrings.
When I got home, I opened the door and Daniel looked at me and said, "OH!"  Then Parker said, " You look ridiculous!"  And Sawyer just laughed.  Ava really liked it and wanted her hair cut like it too, but I told her I wasn't quite ready for her to cut hers so short.  Daniel said he really liked it.  Who knows if he's telling me the truth or not since he has to live with me.  :-)

No comments: