Monday, April 5, 2010

Our Weekend

After 3 weeks, I had hopes that the illness from our house had passed. Once again, life has proven me wrong. We had all kinds of Easter plans this weekend. First, we were going to go to the community Easter egg hunt. Unfortunately, the day before it was to be held, it started to snow. So some gals in our ward put together a Easter egg hunt in the gym of the church. I thought it would be great! Then, Ava started getting kind of lethargic so I took her temperature. She had a pretty high fever and said her ears hurt. So, I took her to the dr., and double ear infection was the diagnosis. So, the hunt at the church was pretty much out. So we stashed some eggs around the apartment and filled the baskets.

We decided to have the Easter bunny part of Easter on Saturday and the more Christ-centered Easter on Sunday this year. So Saturday morning, Ava and Parker got up and hunted down the eggs and checked out their loot. Then Parker started getting really cranky. Took his temperature, high fever. Took him to the dr, apparently the antibiotics he was on, didn't treat his ear infections. So again with new antibiotics. That day his fever reached 104- needless to say it was a bit of a nightmare.
Daniel trying out the toy recorder Parker got in his basket

Yay for Sunday and low temperatures!! We got to watch conference in our jammies. We had a yummy dinner and just had a really nice day together. So hopefully, this will be the end to ear infections at our house!











5 comments:

Rachael said...

Ear infections are the worst! I'm glad you had a good Easter anyway.

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I'm so glad you guys are feeling better and that you got to enjoy Easter after all!!

{allison} said...

i see that daniel is in need of a haircut. looks like you had a good weekend, i miss you guys!

Jillyn said...

That is what my family does. We do a big BBQ and egg hunt on saturday, and then sunday is when we focus on the more spiritual side of easter. It's always worked out very nice.

But sorry to hear the kids got to sick :( that is never fun!

Pieces of me... said...

Not the ideal Easter weekend.... I hope your kids are doing better!