Monday, August 16, 2010

The Final Game

Ava finished up her t-ball season with a bang this year- literally. I have a video of it actually, but I'll just tell you about it. First, Ava was running to first base and somehow, she and Cody completely collided. Ava being somewhat of a wimp layed on the ground and cried, while Cody kept running. After finally recovering, she finished making her way around the bases. Then a little later, one of her team mates felt that he had to run with the ball till he was 4 feet from the first basemen before throwing it to them, which nailed Ava in the shoulder and again caused another round of tears. It was slightly exhausting. All the injuries caused Ava to be extra sensitive. So she would cry whenever she didn't catch the ball. Granted, she did have some ball hogs who would wrestle the ball out of your hands so they could throw it. But still, I kept thinking of that line in A League of Their Own, "there's NO crying in baseball!"

It's a good thing Cody was on her team. Well, good for Ava anyway, not so good for Cody. She followed him everywhere the entire season. The coach tried repeatedly to keep her in her position, but she just kept running over to wherever Cody was.
Here they are taking a little break- during the game. I knew I'd be the mom of the kid who is picking flowers in the outfield during a game.

Here's another little break during another inning.

Here's Ava trying to get to the ball first. I hate to tell you, she didn't make it and started crying.


Ava is repeatedly trying to hug Cody on and off the field, which he doesn't entirely love. Most of the time he tolerates it for a second then tried to get her off of him. During one of the games she chased him around the outfield trying to give him a hug. Poor Cody, what can I say, she just loves him!

3 comments:

Pieces of me... said...

Ava looks so cute in her uniform, hat, and glove! It makes me laugh reading about it, because after coaching T-Ball I completely understand the feelings of those difficult, yet pretty funny to look back on, times. ;)

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

So cute!! I can totally picture it. And what can I say, Cody is a pretty handsome little guy, I can see why she wants a hug!! So fun one of these days she'll get it all down and totally be a player, just be patient with her!!

Carrie said...

Seriously though, we LOVE Ava!! I love those pictures! We had fun:)