Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Painting

We decided since we would be here in Pullman for 3 more years, we would paint our apartment and make it a little more our own. We decided to just start with the master bedroom and the living room.

Our room we painted a color called olive branch. I really like how it turned out. It looks really nice with our bedding.


Now I just need to make some curtains to go in there too. I think it'll have to wait till after the baby gets here. I have way too many projects going on right now.

And we painted our living room. The color is called honey. I really love it. At first I thought it kind of looked like a hispanic hacienda, but if it does, it looks good, and I love it.
You might be able to kind of see another project on the wall there too. I'm putting my kids blessing outfits in shadow boxes. Then my wonderful mother in law is cutting me some vinyl to put under them that says, "I have no greater joy then to hear that my children walk in truth." It's a scripture. I can't wait to get the vinyl and put it up so it's all complete!!

I was a little worried about how the paint would look with our furniture, but I think it looks really good and coordinates really well. Espescially with our picture on the wall.


A big thanks to my good friend Rachael for helping me decide what colors and walls to paint! She's really good at that kind of stuff.


5 comments:

Rachael said...

They both look so good!!!! You guys did an awesome job!! I can't wait to see the blessing outfit project all finished!

Kate Clayton said...

It looks awesome!

Derrick and Melissa said...

They look great Erin! What a cute place. :D

Pieces of me... said...

Alittle color is so refreshing! I love the colors you picked :)

Jillyn said...

That looks so good Erin! I love doing little projects that make your home look and feel more like a home :) I just wish our apartment would let us paint :(