Parker has discovered sunglasses. He loves them! It's so funny, he's figured out how to say it and runs around asking for them. Since they have elastic they kind of pull his cheeks up and it looks a little funny.


This is another dress I made for Ava. Unfortunately, she is so tall that it was way to short, so we had to improvise with a pair of leggings to go with it. I didn't love the sleeves that were on the pattern, so I made my own. It's still pretty cute.

We have moved the kids into the same room together. I was really hesitant to do this because I thought it would be a nightmare and that they would just play instead of sleep. But the other choices of putting the baby with Parker or with Ava just seemed to be even more complicated. It would for sure not work to have Parker with him, and I would feel bad putting him with Ava when she is starting school and needs a good night sleep. So we put them together on bunkbeds. We are on night #2 with them in the same room and tonight was a complete success. No crying or screaming. They got in bed and stayed there. I think they talked to each other for a few minutes, but then it was silent. The first night was a little more hairy. Ava did great. Parker on the other hand was totally freaked out. I think because everything was new, he wasn't sure how to react. New room, new bed, new bedding, new music (Ava likes to listen to sounds of the ocean when she sleeps). So he was totally freaking out. I ended up laying in there with him for a little bit till he got used to it all. I think once he realized Ava was in there with him, he was good to go. (Ava is kind of his 'security blanket' in new situations) So after a few minutes I told him I needed to go to the bathroom, and he let me leave. Then he fell asleep on his own.

There are only a couple drawbacks so far. 1st, in the morning whoever wakes up first, wakes the other one up. It was 6:15 this morning. 2nd, nap time. I think because it's still light, it's easier for them to just play. They played for an hour and a half today before I just had to lay in there for a few minutes to make sure they didn't play. They fell asleep really quick after that. So if anyone has any solutions to that one, let me know. I have noticed that the last few days, Ava has been much nicer and more affectionate towards Parker. It's cute, she keeps hugging him and kissing him and saying he wants to snuggle with her. Hopefully, that isn't just a fluke.
1 comment:
That's awesome! I'm so glad it's working so well for you. We have Noah and Hazel sharing a room and they have bunk beds but for now Hazel is in a crib next to them. One day we'll switch them but I've been too afraid. That girl needs her naps!
Post a Comment