Friday, January 7, 2011

Doth mine ears deceive me?

Our life is full of never-ending changes. But really, that's what makes it interesting. We were driving home from Spokane the other week when Daniel stunned me with a new career choice.

We were just driving along and he said,"I think I want to go to dental school." I was shocked. I thought the dental school ship had sailed years ago when he decided to study landscape architecture. He'd hadn't mentioned anything to me about dental school since then. I kept asking him if he was serious. He assured me he was. He said he still enjoyed landscape architecture and planned on using it as a hobby and in his own yard. But, he was really interested in dental school and that financially it would be more stable.


I told him he needed to make sure that he wasn't doing it just for the money. I really want him to be happy in his career choice so he's not miserable for all of his working years. So we decided to fast and pray about it, which we did. We both feel good about it. I told Daniel I'm behind him in whatever he chooses.

So after meeting with a pre-dent adviser, we know what we need to do. It'll be a year or so of pre-req's and studying for the dat. Then he'll apply for fall 2013.

Neither of us regret coming to Pullman. Part of Daniel wishes he'd stuck with his original plan to go to dental school, but not me. I know we were supposed to come to Pullman. We have loved it here. I don't know why Heavenly Father wanted us here, but I know he guided us here for one reason or another.

So, here's to 4 years of dental school and probably 2 more to specialize!

6 comments:

Christina :) said...

Daniel will make a great dentist! We love you and support you guys! :)

Rachael said...

That is crazy!!! How exciting. I'm sure you'll never regret him going to dental school. I'm seriously in shock. Maybe it's because I'd never known of the desire to go before but that's awesome!!

Pieces of me... said...

Who HOO! Good luck to you Both! :)

miriam said...

You are a much better wife than me. I am so tired of school, and Garrett's only finished 1 year of his undergrad! Good luck with this new adventure!!

Laurel said...

How exciting! You are a such a great wife!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! This is a big announcement miss Erin!!! Holy Cow! Well, if there were any career that I could have hand chose for Shane it would have been dental school. No questions asked!!!!