Sunday, January 23, 2011

Loser!

My new years resolution this year was . . . to lose weight! (big surprise, I know) As is everyone else in the worlds resolution. But unlike others, I am absolutely committed to follow through. I've been working my tail off lately in an effort to lose 35 pounds before my 10 year high school reunion in August.

What have you done to lose weight, one may ask. I will tell you. TRX!!!! It is awesome. We decided to invest in a membership to the rec center for me this year. Daniel has one every year whether he wants it or not. It's one of those fees he has to pay regardless of if he uses it. Anyhow, I signed up for a TRX class with some of my pals. It totally kicks your butt.

TRX is this A-frame that has straps that hang down from it. You do all kinds of exercises with it. The first time I did it, I seriously couldn't walk for a few days. My quads were so sore.


So I do this class 2 days a week. Then on the other 3 weekdays I do a variety of other things. Thanks to my wonderful friend Carrie, I have a schedule all worked out. She went with me to the rec center and went through all the machines. We figured out what weight level I should be at for each machine and how many sets I should do. Then we scheduled out what cardio exercises I should do each day.

You all should be proud of me because the first week, I'm supposed to walk 5 minutes, run 5 minutes, then walk 5 minutes again. And any of you who know me well, know how much I absolutely DESPISE running. But, I did it. I was so proud of myself. I am supposed to run 7 minutes this week, so we'll see how it goes. You'll be seeing another post about it if I can pull it off.

So, with a combination of exercise and watching my calorie intake, I've lost 2 pounds a week. Since I've been only doing it for 2 weeks, it may not seem too impressive, but it's always encouraging when you see results. And Carrie told me you should only lose 1-2 pounds a week, if you're doing it the healthy way. WAHOO!!

So Thank You to Carrie for helping me figure it all out!!! And Thanks you to Laurel, Marie and Becky for inspiring me to get up each morning at 5:40 am to work out!!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Go Erin! That's so awesome!!! I used to hate running, too but I really am starting to like it a little bit.

The Asay's said...

Yay Erin. Way to go. I hope I can get inspired to work out tons after I have the baby in May. Hope you all are into working out then, so I can go with you.

Anonymous said...

Nice work girl! I need Carrie to help me plan out some work outs too. Oh I miss you both so much. You are going to be little miss hot stuff at your reunion in August!

Carrie said...

I'm sooo proud. We are going to have to go to the gym again in a bit and readjust your levels because you are going to be in great shape...make it a challenge again:)