Friday, July 31, 2009

27

My 27th birthday is coming up in 1 week. It is a hard thing to say, but, it's true. I'm trying to have a positive attitude about it, even though I am now way closer to 30 then 20. So I thought I'd let you all know 27 things you may not know about me over the next few posts.

1. I tragically had bangs all growing up, as you will see in some following pictures. At last, I was brave enough to grow them out shortly after graduating from high school.

2. I met my husband Daniel, our senior year of high school. I worked with his sister and that's how we met. When he finally asked me out, it was at the insistence of his sister. In fact he didn't even remember me and showed up at my work to ask me out on a date. Poor guy, he didn't know what he was getting into.

Here's our high school prom picture.
3. I graduated from Richland High School in 2001. Our mascot was a mushroom cloud and a B-52 bomber airplane. (we lived really close to Hanford which supplied the plutonium for the nuclear bombs dropped on Japan during WW2) I mean no offense to anyone who doesn't feel our mascots were politically correct, but I will be Proud of the Cloud Forever!!

Go Bombers!!
4. I was often mistaken for someone of hispanic origin growing up. Espescially coming from Tri-Cities where there is a large hispanic population, it was assumed I was too. When I moved in with my roommate DeAnne, after living together for a few weeks she asked me what nationality I was and had a hard time believing I was just plain old white.

I was referred to as The Salsa Queen at work.

5. I was the Assistant Manager for a photo studio in Tri-Cities during part of high school and after. Thus all the fun photos you will see in my next few posts. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work.
6. I was born in Fort Benning, Georgia- my dad was in the military and we moved around a lot. I've actually lived 24 of my 27 years, in Washington, but have also lived in Georgia and Kansas.

3 comments:

TyLeen said...

I too am proud of the mushroom cloud!

Holly said...

As someone who is turning 30 in 4 months and 9 days, I have to say, it doesn't seem like the end of the world anymore. Maybe it's part of that "slippery slope" phenomenon. Y'know, the closer you get to something the more okay it seems? yeah.

Derrick and Melissa said...

Wow! You and Daniel look so young in that picture! It is fun to look back and see how much you have changed together!