I've been waiting for my sister to send me the pictures from the 4th of July so I could blog about it, but she must be a little busy or something. I know, I should've taken my own pictures, but lately I've just felt too lazy to crack out the camera.
Anyhow, we spent the 4th at my parents house in Puyallup. This year my parents are turning 60, so my brother and sisters and I decided to kind of make a big thing of it. The first surprise was that we would all show up at their house unannounced. They knew Daniel and I were coming, but that was all. Unfortunately, a few of my sisters couldn't make it last minute, but it was still a huge surprise to my parents. They were shocked when everyone else showed up.
As a gift, all of the kids either wrote them a letter or put a collage of pictures together and we made them a book on snapfish. It turned out so cute and made them cry (which strangely enough isn't that hard to do anymore. Dad has become such a baby lately;-)
It was such a great weekend, we relaxed, played games, went to the farmers market, went to the park and just had a really great time together. I just love my family. We have so much fun together. And when someone isn't there, it leaves a very discernible absent feeling. So we had a really great time, but we missed my sisters that couldn't be there.
Ava had SOOOO much fun with her cousins 'Waren and Tachel' (Lauren and Rachel) She is still talking about them. Asking where Rachel is and calling for them outside. Mostly, she misses her Papa. Ava has been talking about him since her birthday when we last saw Grandpa. She just became so attached to him, it was really cute. Everytime she sees an older man, she starts chanting 'Papa!! Papa!!'. She sure loves her Grandpa! I know that this just makes my dad's day too. I know he loves the babies, but I think it's more fun for him now that the grandkids can interact with him more.
We had a great 4th of July and hope you all did too!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment