Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Carving!

We had FHE with my brother in law and his family the other night. It was really fun, we carved pumpkins for Halloween. And I am proud to say that the following pumpkin was grown in our very own garden. We probabely would have let it grow a little longer, but it froze here and killed the plant, so we harvested it a little earlier then planned. But, I still think it looks pretty good. I'm actually really proud of it. Not sure why, but I'm finding myself very satisfied with the fact that I grew my own pumpkin this year. Silly, I know;-)


Here's the kids with our pumpkin just before we cut her open. They were pretty excited to pick the pumpkin out of the garden too.

Parker wasn't so excited about carving pumpkins so he sat with me most of the time.


He did at one point try to put the top of the pumpkin in the bowl to be thrown away. It was his contribution.
Here's miss Whitney showing off her pumpkin. She wasn't too excited about getting the pumpkin guts on her hand. She kept asking if she could go wash her hands.

Caitlin and Ava weren't shy about it at all. They dug right in and pulled all the stringy pumpkin stuff out. They had a good time doing it too.

And here it is, our finished pumpkin. Ava helped Daniel 'cut' the pumpkin and everything. (really she just held onto his hand as he cut it) It was a really fun family home evening! Thanks for inviting us Nicholas and Christina!

3 comments:

Brian said...

OH man! That looks like SOOO much fun!! I cant wait to carve pumpkins this year!!

Pieces of me... said...

Hey, it's an awesome thing to be able to grow something yourself and quite satisfying, so high five to you! We're going to be pumpking carving this upcoming FHE too... Your pumpkin looks fantabulous!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I totally understand the pride that comes from growing a garden. I was excited to have our own pumpkins too. We need to get to carving them, that looks like so much fun!!