Saturday, October 9, 2010

Warning- Birth Photos

Ok, so everyone said they wanted to see my graphic photos, so beware if your stomach is weak. I was really surprised that they let him do this, but it was at the anesthetists urging that Daniel stood up and started taking pictures.

So here the Doctor is pulling Colson's head out. The incision is only about 6 inches wide, so it's pretty cool that he can fit through such a small opening.

Here he is half-way out. She still has a hold of his head and those are his shoulders and half his arms. Then you can see my belly and the other doctor pushing him out on the other side.
And he's out. And he's all cheesy and goopy. The doctor said he had a really big umbilical cord. You can kind of see it in the picture here. The doctor is putting a clamp on it. Apparently cords aren't usually that big around.

Here we are together after they cleaned him up. His eyes are still a little gooped but what can you do. I love these pictures. We have one like this with every one of our kids. I'm glad they let us take these pictures this time. We've never had pictures of them actually coming out.




4 comments:

TyLeen said...

I have sections every time too, and Spencer has gotten those same pictures. Birth is such an amazing thing. He shares a birthday with my husband and mother-in-law. It's a good day. He is a cutie, I am glad everything went so well. Congrats to you guys!

The Asay's said...

Wow. That is crazy they let him take those pictures. Pretty cool though

DeAnne said...

Sweet! I love graphic pictures! That is really cool that you were able to get some pictures of that. I'm glad you explained what was happening cuz I kept turning my head this way and that way to try and figure out what exactly I was looking at...lol. Glad you're doing well!

Jillyn said...

i'm so happy they let you take pictures!!! i think you should be able...it's your baby, your birth, your memories.......

congratulations on the new addition! He's adorable!!!!