Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Happy

My sister told me she didn't have a blog because she hated that everyone's blog talked about how wonderful their life was, and it can't be possible that everyone's life is so perfect. And it just made her feel bad about her own life. Now, looking back on my blog posts, I have noticed that I tend to post about the happy things that go on in my life. So I wanted to make sure you all know, my life is far from perfect. I'm happy, but my life isn't perfect.

But, I will probabely continue to post about the happy things going on in our family, because who wants to read rants or downer- posts all the time? I don't. I mean, they're not bad once in a while but not all the time. So you all now know that just because I post happy things, it doesn't mean I don't get annoyed with my kids or feel crappy occasionally. I just don't write about it.

4 comments:

Pieces of me... said...

I agree... I don't mind hearing the stresses of life hear and there. But overall, I want to hear the joys of life for everyone. for me, when I blog it reminds me of my blessings, because it's so easy to get caught up in the pits of life.

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I have a brother that thought the same thing, but I think it depends on why people have a blog. I know lots of people that have had a blog to communicate the condition of children in the hospital and some that don't even make it. So devastating, but I agree I think it's a good thing to remind ourselves of the positives in our lives, and to write those things down that we don't want to forget cause it happens.

The Asay's said...

I totally agree with you Erin. It really drives me crazy to read post on people's blogs that are always negative. I like happy post, who doesn't

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

There is nothing that bugs me more than a downer. I mean... I do appreciate a rant every now and then for sure. I prefer blogging over journaling because its public and it keeps me from complaining too much. I don't want to look back and see how pathetic I was, I want to remember happy!