Saturday, January 21, 2012

Favorite time of day

My kids favorite time of day is for sure around 6:15 pm. It's story time with Dad and they LOVE it. This happens every night. After dinner and jammies, Ava always asks, "is there time for books now?" It's always 'yes'.


Parker's Favorites include:
Pinkalicious by Victoria Cann
The Escape of Marvin the Ape by Caroline and Mark Buhner
The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss

Ava's Favorites:
Corduroy by Don Freeman
5 Little Monkey's by ? (it's in the other room and I don't want to go check;-)
The Adventures of Taxi Dog by Caroline and Mark Buhner
My Monster Mama Loves Me So by Caroline and Mark Buhner

Ava used to LOVE Green Eggs and Ham when she was younger. She knew all the words and was hilarious reading it to you.

Colson's favorites:
Colors Turn and Learn

I'm so glad my kids love books. It really gets their imaginations going. My sister Heather sent all the books by Mark Buhner to the kids for Christmas. They LOVE them! They fight over who picked the book to read. Thanks Heather!

7 comments:

DeAnne said...

I bet that is your favorite time of the day too :)

Derrick and Melissa said...

I love that. My kids love story time and would have us read to them all day if we would.

{allison} said...

bahaha...colson looks like he's just been flung there on the end of the couch :)

Unknown said...

Dan is such a good dad. Good suggestions, we are always looking for good books and good authors!

Marie said...

It is so important for kids to have good dads!! It sounds like your kids have a pretty good one:)

Pieces of me... said...

I love story time too :) They go smother dad and I get a moment to myself ;)

The Asay's said...

I love when Dads spend time with their kids. It's the best.